The Authentic Me: Hosted by Mel Yu
Emotional Trauma, Unlearning Negative Thought Patterns and Understanding Relationships | Dean Blankfield | Ep 9
August 13, 2020
Could this conversation be my best work yet on the podcast?
I LOVED this chat with Mr Dean Blankfield! A spiritual life coach and mentor who is on a mission to help transcend other's to a life of purpose and action. Dean currently resides in Bondi Beach but grew up in Perth and lived in Melbourne too. He is clear and articulate with his language and helped me understand so much about the human mind in very simple terms. This podcast is also up live on YouTube for those who want to see us visually having a laugh and giggle most of this hour. Enjoy!
Podcast Show Notes and Discoveries:
- Understanding generational trauma - why men struggle more with sharing their emotions based on history and society expectations
- Learning how to express our emotions will help you grow in life and business
- How to show up for yourself and in all your relationships, communication and honesty are essential for healthy relationships
- Five love languages clarified - words of affirmation, quality time, giving gifts, acts of service, physical touch.
- Attachment theory (4 different styles - avoidant, anxious, secure and avoidant-anxious) and understanding how our childhood trauma affects our adult relationships and intimate partnerships
- There is no substitute for the deep work, you cannot avoid your pain, you must process it.
- How to move past the blame and pain of a past relationship or someone that hurt you
- Asking powerful questions to get more powerful answers
- Breaking down the language and feelings associated with turning 30 (this was MIND-BLOWING FOR ME personally!)
- Lean into the darkness and slay the dragon to get the gold
- Unlearning everything you think you know to get back to what is most important
YouTube video can be found here: https://youtu.be/QVFj0dIz1vo
Connect with Dean Blankfield here: https://www.instagram.com/deanblankfield/
Please help me spread the positivity and words from these amazing humans by SUBSCRIBING or giving this podcast a GENUINE REVIEW.
Love lots xx