The Authentic Me: Hosted by Mel Yu
A Fashion Icon, Australian DJ and Senior Clinical Pharmacist All in One: How to Fully Show Up in Life | DJ Perri Lee | Ep 16
October 01, 2020
DJ Perri Lee
Welcome back to an all-new episode of The Authentic Me where today’s special guest is an absolute incredible lady and 10 out of 10 boss babe! I had so much fun with this one, there were loads of laughs and giggles between!
Naomi goes by the name Perri Lee. Perri Lee is an Australian DJ who has performed at Rod Laver Arena, FOX FM Rooftop and some of Melbourne's largest annual events like The Formula One Grand Prix, Melbourne Cup and St Kilda Festival. Naomi is also a Clinical Pharmacist at the Alfred Hospital here in Melbourne and was recently promoted to Senior Respiratory Pharmacist. Naomi studied at Monash University and graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) in 2012.
This episode is also available on YouTube for all those visual learners!
(Subscribe to our channel by clicking here)
Full Episode Show Notes here:
- How it was growing up as an Italian Australian with two sides to her – creativity in drama and theatre studies but also academically driven with two professional parents in the household
- Not feeling like you need to find out who you are and what you want to do with your career during high school – you can evolve and change your career at any time in the future!
- Having family support and having parents who had Naomi’s best interest at heart was important to her initial career decision in pharmacy
- Entering the DJ and Music scene stemmed from wanting to explore her creativity outlets and passion
- Getting nervous performing in front of people she knows but not in front of big crowds
- What it takes to perform live and being able to read the crowd in front of you (experience matters)
- Owning being “EXTRA” in your own skin and your fashion choices
- How to find peace within yourself and recognising that people’s opinions are theirs and not yours
- If people don’t add value to your life, then they shouldn’t be part of it
- DJ Perri Lee opens up on her failures and the importance of learning from your mistakes and failures
- Find out how Naomi goes with our 5 questions in 5 seconds – definitely a good laugh!
Keep following what this beauty is up to here:
MCO Events and all things Mel Yu here: