Hi everyone and welcome back to the FINAL episode of SEASON 1 on the Authentic Me Podcast. The past 20 weeks has been a crazy journey to say the least, I wanted to take this time to thank you all for tuning in and listening to the incredible, authentic stories of each special guest.
What’s next in store for Season 2? I’m not going anywhere! Expect shorter form content of my personal opinions, thoughts and beliefs in personal development and business. Please drop me a message on Instagram @mellieyu if there is a topic you would love for me to shine light on.
THIS EPISODE'S SPECIAL GUEST stars the legend of a man, Matt Runnalls.
Matt Runnalls is the founder and CEO of mental health charity, Mindfull Aus. Matt is not only a mental health advocate, keynote speaker, workshop facilitator, educated in NLP, Meditation, Sciences of wellbeing, Emotional Intelligence, Assist Suicide Training, Safe Talk and with over 400+ hours of Quantum Learning at California State University – Matt is also featured in books, podcasts, TV media, documentaries, films and song lyrics for his work.
Matt was generous with his time and we spent this hour sharing his learnings and wisdom, and remind us all that we are loved, we are worthwhile and our presence here is important.
Podcast Show Notes here:
- Matt’s gratitude for the year that has been this 2020 despite the change of routine and the perceived ‘missed’ opportunities that have opened other new opportunities [4:10]
- How sitting and bathing in a bathtub of limiting beliefs does not serve you [7:31]
- Replacing habits that don’t serve you with more meaningful, positive habits during lockdown (and beyond) [10:50]
- Understanding your own personal value systems is the first step to self-awareness [14:08]
- When you are feeling hopeless and suicidal, go back to a time that you remember how you want to feel… that becomes your ‘why’ [17:19]
- Getting down and dirty with your own shit – brain health is sexy! [20:25]
- Taking a risk from plumber to charity founder, wrangling in your vulnerability [24:00]
- Coming from a place of service is the true meaning of life [26:04]
- The most common reason for why people die by suicide [27:21]
- Understanding your emotions and adding tools into your tool belt for wellness [29:15]
- If you lead with your heart, you cannot go wrong. You don’t need to be a professional to help someone with mental health challenges, simply hold space [31:39]
- Matt’s work with little kids, the future generation and the true meaning of life [38:00]
- A day in the life of someone with bipolar disorder [43:40]
- Matt’s tips and tools to wellness [46:12]
- We all have a bag of shit that we carry – show up authentically and be the real you from the get-go [51:08]
- How to work with Mindfull Aus and get accredited training [53:50]
Stay connected with Matt and his work here: